Home Insurance in Texas
Shopping for home insurance in Texas requires similar input as buying the home itself. You will need to understand the ins and outs of home insurance in order to make smart choices. You may also need to focus on essentials like determining the amount of coverage you need and making rate comparisons from different insurance companies like All-Tex Insurance in Granbury, TX.
Is it a requirement?
No. Home insurance is not a legal requirement in Texas. However, there are instances when home insurance may be mandatory. For example, if you have a mortgage, your lender will need some form of coverage in case of an accident, they will receive compensation. Home insurance does not cover floods; therefore, if you live in a flood zone area, your insurer may require you to purchase flood insurance.
What is covered?
Basic home insurance comes with several coverages that will help compensate you in case of an accident. Home insurance covers the following:
- The dwelling: protects the whole structural building, including the walls, roof, and floor.
- Other structures: protects other physical structures that surround your home but are separate from your house, like the shed, garage, fence, and gate.
- Personal property: Protects the items inside your home like furniture, electronics, appliances, clothes, shoes, and other things. (if you have valuable or priceless items, your provider is likely to suggest that you get separate coverage for them)
- Additional living expenses coverage: This reimburses you for the expenses you may incur by living in a hotel when your home becomes uninhabitable due to perils such as a fire.
- Medical payments: Compensates for medical bills for other people who may get injured on your property.
- Liability insurance: protects and defends you in case another party sues you for damage on their property or injury while at your home.
Home insurance is a unique coverage that protects what you value most. All-Tex Insurance can help you find a customized policy for your home. Visit us at Granbury, TX, and speak to our insurance experts regarding home insurance and other policies.